Thursday, November 26, 2009

How do you die black/very dark brown hair, lighter brown with highlights?

I'm half black and half chinese, and I have dark brown hair. I used to dye it all the time a few years ago but now it's probably been around a year since I've dyed it last, so my hair is nice and undamaged.



Currently, my hair looks like this:



http://a29.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/imag...



I want to lighten my hair to a warm brown with highlights, kind of like this:



http://images.askmen.com/galleries/model...



But the thing is, I don't have a lot of cash to go to a salon. Can anyone give me any advice on what drug store products to use, and what color to purchase?



Thanks.



How do you die black/very dark brown hair, lighter brown with highlights?

I think your hair's a gorgeous colour. The highlights you want look nice but I think that woman has a lighter skin tone than you (and you would need to do something about your eyebrows ;) ).



Anyways with really dark hair I don't think its worth it to do it at home. You'd get much better results if you went to a salon. Trust me, my hair isn't even as dark as yours and its hard for me to go light. It just turns orange unless I go to a salon. Even my roommate who has blonde hair with darker roots has tried at home dye and her hair has gone orange - even when her cousin who is a hair dresser tried to do it for her.



I'd be way too scared to try that at home...save up your money, it'll be worth it or keep your hair the gorgeous colour that it is. most people aren't that lucky!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
military loans