Sunday, November 29, 2009

Twisties, mini-dreads, etc?

I have an oval to square shaped face, I have a goatee, and glasses. I've been wearing waves for the past few years, and though I really like them, they get somewhat hard to maintain.



My hair is about an inch long right now. I was thinking about a style like john legend. I don't know the name, but heres a link to a good picture: http://www.locksandlinks.com/gallery/g46... I'd appreciate if anybody could tell me what this style is, or if there are any types of hairstyles for black men with medium length hair. Something simple, innovative, but still decent enough to not be profiled as a hoodlum.



Twisties, mini-dreads, etc?

They r jell twist : D



Twisties, mini-dreads, etc?

straight down



Twisties, mini-dreads, etc?

that is a twist style that can easily turn into dreads. but he doesn't let his hair lock. if that's what u want, then i think u should try it. it'll look good with the shape of your face as long as it's neat and clean.



Twisties, mini-dreads, etc?

just pick it out into a fro and get it trimmed so its even. my brother has your hair and he got twisties in them and he trying to make them dread right now, but now he realizes he doesn't like it to much.



but the picture of john is a good hair style, very nice in fact. but i would only do it if you can get it perfessionaly done the right way. maybe print the picture and bring it to a hair dresser



Twisties, mini-dreads, etc?

I agree with Chelsea Blue. Take the pic to a natural hairdresser or loctician. Any professional hairdresser at a natural salon can do that style. You can keep it for a few weeks and take it out or leave it twisted to begin to lock. Good luck!



Twisties, mini-dreads, etc?

They're coils. You just use hair gel and a rat tail comb to twist the strands and you're done.



You could do cornrows. I've seen them on professional guys and I think they pull it off. Unfortunately, I think it doesn't matter what hair style a black man has, there's going to be someone who thinks it's hoodlum. So, the best route is just to keep whatever style you choose looking it's best. You could set your hair in two strand twists and then unravle them to have a texture afro. As far as straightening it, my personal opinion is that it looks a little pimptastic.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
military loans